Disclaimer

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

30 March 2011

Bona-fide...

Ladies and gents, I am official.  Scary? Only kind of.  Exciting?  Most definitely.

We ended our training with a swear-in ceremony at the Ambassador's house in Panama City, with special guests the ambassador herself and the Minister of Education from Panama.  Lucy's words about our new project with Panama were quite inspiring.  She underlined the importance of having English here Panama, as it opens up not only job opportunities but also outlooks amongst Panamanian students.  "I don't want you to just teach them English," she said, "I want you to take them traveling." (Note: this is a rough translation, as her speech was actually in Spanish).

And another exciting thing?  I got to speak! (hah, for those of you who really know me, this is not unnatural).   A big thanks to the volunteers and PC staff who helped me write, correct, and practice the speech--I was so happy I got to do it.  I'm working on getting a video up, but the uploading is going rather slow...here's hoping I can get it in the next few days!

No comments: