Disclaimer

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

17 February 2011

Happenings.

And weeks pass by without me even dando cuenta (realizing it).

Yesterday marked the end of a seven day English camp that the volunteers in my community and I put together. The people in Rio Congo were great to get to know and I love feeling like I see familiar faces when I walk around town now.  Another fun change is that salutations have changed from just "buenas" to a fun mix of Spanish and "hello," "what's up," and "see ya later."  The "camp" was organized into three hour and a half sessions per day, and with each session came a group of kids (5-11), teens (12-18), and adults.  I was in the group working with teens, which gave me the chance to put my camp counselor/ultimate frisbee games knowledge to serious work.   I´m exhausted, but happy we did it! 

Life in town continues to be normal, but with one major event coming up....TOMORROW WE FIND OUT OUR SITES!!  No one is concentrating today. Including me.

That announcement made, I´ll be updating very, very soon with the exciting news...stay tuned!


P.S.  Apologies again for the lack of photos.  I´m working on it!

3 comments:

Motojeros said...

Oh boy, how exciting! I will look forward to hearing where you will be living for the next 2 years. I'm going to Albuquerque to give CSI training tomorrow. Sure you don't want to come back? :)

Jill

Chelsea said...

Training?! Does that mean you get to go to Annapurna??? Have a delicious chai for me and give a big hug to all the Accionistas!!

AMH said...

PLEASE tell me that ultimate frisbee game knowledge included tiny tanks and apple pie shots...oh yes!