Disclaimer

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

28 November 2007

and I laughed all the way home

with the shopkeeper at the bookstore in my barrio (I went to buy 100 años de soledad today):
Do you live here?
Yes, near avenida de la albufera
You don´t live in Andalucia or somewhere outside of Madrid?
No, I live here. But I´m sad because I´m leaving soon, at the end of December.
Where are you going?
United States. (note: at this point it should be obvious that I´m a foreigner)
Are you going there to learn english?
(haha)...yes.
Well, you appreciate things more once you´ve left. Do you think you know enough english to get by there?
yeah, I think so. Enough to order a beer at least.


Great!

No comments: