Disclaimer

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.

26 October 2007

Answer girl

I´ve decided to take this short amount of time that I have before I begin my Spanish night to answer a few of what I´m sure are your burning questions, that you would have sent to the ¨burning questions¨section of this blog if indeed that section even existed. You will just have to take my word that these are the questions you wish I would answer about Spain.

Do Spaniards tailgate?
Why yes, yes they do. It´s called a Botellón, and basically it´s a pre-game in a park or some big open space. And it´s huge. Think tailgating minus the trucks and a football game. Oh, and also minus the beef. They do ham here, always.

Are man bags really ok over there?
If by ok you mean totally hot right now regardless of sexual orientation, then yes.

What are the Spanish men like?
Shorter. I´m at eye level with at least half of them. Walking around with my tall blonde American friends is really fun, because everyone knows we´re not from here. According to one Spaniard, this lack of height is due to the fact that ¨we don´t eat the Wheaties or the corn flakes in the morning.¨

Does the siesta exist?
Good luck trying to buy stamps or go to the bank or do anything important between the hours of 3 and 5.

Does the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plains?
I will kick the next person that asks me that.


Well, that´s all the questions I have time for today. I hope you all feel a little bit more cultured now that you know these important things.

2 comments:

firefromwater32 said...

I have a gift for you and no address to send it to. Sad day.

-Larn

Bosque said...

Hope Spain is going well. Out of curiosity, when do you get back?

Also, you should definitely hook up with some senioritas for me. I would offer to reciprocate with some Aussie boys for you, but they don't wash enough.